Friday, April 12, 2013

on the bus today there were only three of us. me, the driver, and a black man with those weird little nappy knobby twists all over his head. he came to sit next to me with his backpack and after riding hte bus so many times, im no longer afraid of the people that ride it anymore. i didnt know what this guy was about to pull out of his bag. i was expecting some kind of assortment of drugs. but instead when he unzips his pack, theres somewhere around 50 shiny snickers wrappers. some unopened, some empty. he told me he just stole all of them from the gas station up the road. i looked at him and laughed and he says, "you cool, girl."

i said i was sorry but that i didnt like nuts in my chocolate and that i had no money to buy one from him anyways (lie number one). i thought he might get angry try to steal my purse. i had quite a bit of money in there. i was on the way to make a deposit. so then he started to tell me his sob story on why he had to have money. i thought he was gonna tell me that he needed money for food to eat, or to pay child support, or that his mom was in the hospital. the typical stories. but instead, he surprised me! what he told me was probably the truth.

he told me his drug dealer was gonna kill him if he didnt pay back the money he owed. poor guy. but i wasnt about to pull out my wallet and give him a dollar. he would totally see all the big bills i had in there and probably WOULD try to steal my purse. so i stuck to my story.

i told him all i had was my debit card (lie number 2) and i wished him best of luck. also told him that i understood how it felt to be chased by a drug dealer that wanted his money back (lie number 3). i tried to put my sincerest sympathitic face on so that maybe he would leave me alone.

then i noticed his tshirt. it said, "i will slap that a** and make it fifty shades of red."

nice

but he didnt get up. he kept me trapped in my window seat. he smelled like pee and his eyes were extremely yellow. yuck. remind me never to get hooked on crack.

he did, however, make me realize what a great life i have. i thought i had a very lowly existence, but at least im not so low to the point of having to steal snickers bars from the gas station and sell them to people on the bus out of my backpack.

1 comment: